The Tomball streets department is responsible for the maintenance and reputation of streets within the city limits. There are however streets within the city limits that do not fall under the jurisdiction of Tomball.

  • Refer to the Jurisdiction Map (PDF) to see which entity is responsible.
  • To report damages or other concerns, call (281) 290-1400.
  1. Signs
  2. Potholes
  3. Mowing
  4. Street Light Outages
  5. Brush Collection

STOP Signs

Stop signs will be replaced within two hours during normal working hours (7 a.m. to 4:45 p.m., Monday through Friday). After hours, they will be replaced by the employee on-call as soon as possible.

To report a downed stop sign during normal working hours, call Public Works at (281) 290-1400. To make a report after hours, call the Police Department (281) 351-5451.

What is the purpose of a stop sign?

Stop signs are used to assign the right of way at intersections and ensure traffic flows smoothly and predictably. However, the overuse of stop signs will cause drivers to ignore them, especially on residential streets with low traffic flow volumes. Non-compliance with stop signs can become hazardous, causing many drivers to briefly stop and then return to the same speed or speed up. The brief stop and the faster acceleration can lead to more emissions from vehicles released, which leads to increased air pollution, wasted fuel and traffic noise.