- Budget Preparation for the Mayor and Council, Legal, and City Secretary's Office
- City Council Meetings
- City Events
- City Ordinances
- Council Services
- Legal Notices
- Miscellaneous services
- Proclamations and Service Flags
- Provides administrative support to the Mayor, Council, and City staff
- Public Information Services
- Records Management
- Resource for citizens
- Vital Statistics/Local Registrar
The Mission of the City Secretary's Office is to provide quality services and information to the citizens, the City Council and City staff in a courteous and service-oriented manner, to enhance the public's participation in Tomball's government processes by providing a welcoming environment to citizens and visitors, to maintain the official city records for historic preservation, and to serve everyone equitably and impartially.
The City Secretary's Office supports and facilitates the City of Tomball's governmental processes by:
- Assisting the City Council in performing its duties and responsibilities
- Providing continuity for the City by recording its legislative actions
- Protecting and improving the City's election process
- Protecting and preserving the City's records
- Assisting Council with seeking volunteers to serve on City boards
- Providing public access to municipal records and ensuring compliance with the Texas Public Information Act
- Coordinating codification of City ordinances and annual updates
- Recording deeds, easements, ordinances, budgets and liens
- Coordinating public relations events on behalf of the Mayor and Council
- Serving as local registrar for Tomball residents for recording and filing birth and death records, as well as providing birth records for those born in Texas
- Issuing telecommunication certificates, oil drilling permits, wrecker and taxi permits, vendors permits and liquor licenses
- Coordinating annual destruction of eligible City records
- Providing daily assistance to all departments of the City
- Goal 1: To provide city information to City staff and other requestors in a timely and efficient manner and in accordance with State law.
- Goal 2: To continue processing City records through Laserfiche and work to provide electronic search, access and retrieval capabilities to department users. Current agendas, minutes, ordinances, resolutions, contracts, deeds and other permanent records will be processed on a continuing basis; historical records will be processed as time and workloads permit.
- Goal 3: To expedite the provision of information electronically to the Mayor and Council, City staff, and citizens via the City's website, e-Blasts, and MuniAgenda. Posting approved minutes in the minutes module of MuniAgenda in 2009. All meetings held by the Council and other city boards must meet the Open Meetings Act requirements and are open to the public, except when an executive session is necessary under the provisions of Section 551, Texas Government Code.
- Goal 4: To continue improving administration and delivery of documents following Council action, federal and state laws, or as administratively necessary.