Are you interested in serving as an Elections Clerk?
Election Clerks must be registered voters and must reside in the City of Tomball to serve as Election Clerks in the City’s Elections for Early Voting or on Election Day. The City provides required training and compensation. Applications remain on file for two years only and are available through "Quick Links" (to the right).
City of Tomball elections are nonpartisan (no political parties); election workers are asked to refrain from displaying electioneering/advertising materials supporting a particular City candidate on their vehicles or property during early voting and on Election Day.
Service as an Election Clerk in the May 2, 2020 Election will be on the following dates and may be in 4, 8 or 12-hour increments. Elections clerk will arrive 30 mins., prior to polls opening.
April 20, 22, and 23, 2020 - 7:45 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
April 21, 2020 - 7:45 a.m. - 7:45 p.m.
April 24, 2020 - 7:45 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
April 27, 2020 - 7:45 a.m. - 7:45 p.m.
May 2, 2020 (Saturday) - 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Election Clerks must be registered voters and reside in the City of Tomball to serve as Election Clerks in the City’s elections during Early Voting or on Election Day. The City provides required elections training and compensation of $13/hour, contract labor. Applicants must complete City-provided elections training before being allowed to serve as a poll worker. Election Clerks serve under the supervision of the City Secretary/Early Election Clerk, the Presiding Election Judge, and the Alternate Election Judge. Failure to follow City, State or Federal election laws will result in termination.
Election Identifications Certificate (EIC) Now Required for Texas Voters
The Texas Election Code 631(b) requires a photo ID in order to vote in Texas. The Texas Transportation Code, Chapter 521A and 37 Texas Administration Code, Sections 15.181-185, authorizes DPS to issue Election Identification Certificates. Please click on the links below for additional information and the application form.
- Election Register 1935-2019
- Mayor, Council and City Manager Historical Information - 1935-Present
- Candidate Filings
May 7, 2022 General Election - Early Voting and Election Day Voting to be Held at City Hall, 401 Market Street, Tomball, Texas
The first day to file an Application for Place on Ballot, for the Position of Mayor and Council Position 3 in the May 7, 2022 General Election will be January 17, 2022; the last day to file an Application for Place on Ballot will be February 18, 2022.
The last day to file as a write-in candidate will be February 22, 2022.
The requirements/qualifications to serve on the Tomball City Council are found in the Home Rule Charter:
SECTION 6.03 - QUALIFICATIONS
Each member of the Council shall be a resident citizen of the City, shall be a minimum of eighteen (18) years of age and a qualified voter of the State of Texas, shall have been a resident citizen of Tomball for a period of not less than one (1) year immediately preceding his election. An incumbent seeking re-election must file for the same position number. Any person presently holding an elective office shall resign that office upon election to another elective office of profit or trust. No employee of the City shall continue in such position after election to an elective office. A citizen cannot file for an elective
May 1, 2021 General Election - Early Voting and Election Day Voting to be Held at City Hall, 401 Market Street, Tomball, Texas
- Notice of Deadline to File Applications for Place on the Ballot - May 1, 2021 General City Election
- Resolution No. 2021-01 and Order Calling the General Election for May 1, 2021
- Certification of Unopposed Candidates
- Resolution No. 2021-11 Canceling the May 1, 2021 General Election
May 2, 2020 General Election - Early Voting and Election Day Voting to be Held at City Hall, 401 Market Street, Tomball, Texas
- Notice of Deadline to File Applications for Place on the Ballot - May 2, 2020 General City Election
- Resolution No. 2020-01 and Order Calling the General Election for May 2, 2020
- Certificate of Unopposed Candidates
May 4, 2019 General Election
- Resolution No. 2019-07 - Cancelling the May 4, 2019 Election and Order of Cancellation
- Certification of Unopposed Candidates
- Notice of Deadline to File Applications for Place on the Ballot - May 4, 2019
May 5, 2018 General Election
May 6, 2017 General Election
- Notice of Canvass of Election
- Notice of Election
- Notice of Deadline to Apply for Place on Ballot for May 6, 2017 General City Election