News Flash

City of Tomball News

Posted on: November 9, 2022

Apply for a Tomball Board or Commission

The City of Tomball is accepting applications for potential appointments to boards and commissions in the current year. The application form is available at City Hall (401 Market St.), by calling (281) 290-1002, or online on the Boards and Commissions page. Current vacancies are listed below.

Board of Adjustments (BOA)

About BOA: Consider variances and special exceptions to the terms of the Zoning Ordinance and to hear and decide appeals of decisions and interpretations made by an administrative official in the enforcement of the Zoning Ordinance.

Meetings Dates/Times: 6 p.m., 2nd Thursday of the month or as needed

 Vacancy: Alternate member

Capital Improvement Program Advisory Committee (CIPAC)

About CIPAC: Regularly review and update the Capital Improvements Program (CIP) in accordance with the requirements of Vernon’s Texas Local Government Code, Chapter 395

Meetings Dates/Times: 6 p.m., as needed

Vacancy: Extraterritorial Jurisdiction representative

Tourism Advisory Committee (TAC)

Please make sure to fill out the application specifically for the Tourism Advisory Committee if you are interested in serving on this board.   

About TAC: Regularly review applications and advise City Council regarding requests for funding grants from the Hotel-Motel Occupancy Tax revenues.

Meetings Dates/Times: 6 p.m., quarterly on the 4th Monday of the month or as needed

Vacancy: Resident of Tomball representative 


Membership on boards or commissions is open to all Tomball residents. Service is voluntary and without monetary compensation. The City will provide any required training. Applications remain on file for two years only. If appointed, applicants must complete Texas Open Meetings Act training, the Statement of Appointed Officer, and the Oath of Office.  

Additional Info...
Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in City of Tomball News

City of Tomball December Events

Posted on: November 28, 2022