Jerry Matheson Public Pool
The City of Tomball Public Works Department operates and maintains one outdoor public swimming pool at Jerry Matheson Park, 1240 Ulrich Rd, Tomball, TX 77375. It is open during the summer months. The pool is free and open to all ages; however, children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult 18 years of age or older.
2023 Pool Hours
- Saturday, May 27: Noon to 8 p.m.
- Sunday, May 28: Noon to 8 p.m.
- Monday, May 29: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Regular Season Hours (Tuesday, May 30 to Sunday, August 13)
- Tuesday through Friday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: Noon to 8 p.m.
End of Season Hours (Weekends Only)
- August 19 and 20: Noon to 8 p.m.
- August 26 and 27: Noon to 8 p.m.
- September 2 and 3: Noon to 8 p.m.
- September 4: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The pool will be closed on Mondays for cleaning, except on Memorial Day (May 29) and Labor Day (Sept. 4).
If you are interested in bringing a large group (10 or more children), please contact the pool manager to ensure adequate lifeguard staffing.
Tomball Kids Swim
The City of Tomball Public Pool offers swim lessons and a water safety program designed to teach basic life-saving swim skills to elementary school-aged children. This program aims to introduce children to swimming and is NOT a replacement for additional training or practice.
For more information about Tomball Kids Swim, please click here.
The application for Tomball Kids Swim can be found here.
Attire & Clothing
All visitors must wear appropriate swimwear (swimsuits, swimming trunks, rash guards or approved swim shirts (polyester only), water shoes, etc.). No cut-offs, shorts, cotton T-shirts, or other unapproved attire may be worn at the pool. The City of Tomball prohibits wearing cotton T-shirts in the swimming pool due to the risk it poses to the swimmer. Pool patrons can wear polyester shirts of any color while utilizing the pool.
Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied in the pool by an adult 18 years or older. Adults must be supervising children at all times.
The rules require a ratio of one (1) adult per eight (8) children ages 12 years and younger while in the water.
- Up to 8 children = 1 adult
- 9 to 16 children = 2 adults
Swim diapers are required for infants and babies.
No flotation devices (i.e., floaties and inflatables) are permitted, with the exception of U.S. Coast Guard-approved life jackets.
- No smoking is allowed inside the pool area.
- No eating or drinking is allowed except in designated areas.
- Outdoor grills are not allowed in the pool area.
- No beverages, alcohol, or glass containers are permitted.