- Community Development
- Pre-Development Meeting
Pre-development meetings are highly encouraged discussions between Staff and property owners, developers, engineers, surveyors, architects, and other interested parties. A pre-development meeting aims to provide the necessary information regarding state laws and City ordinances, ensuring that the City staff and applicant communicate most effectively.
Property owners and developers are encouraged to schedule a Pre-Development Meeting before undertaking a project in order to obtain pertinent information relating to their proposal. The processes will require further review before formal approval.
The Pre-Development Meeting could potentially consist of representatives from the following divisions:
- Fire Marshal
- City Manager’s Office
City staff will be ready to assist you with:
- Processing of subdivisions, residential and commercial projects
- Platting questions/requirements
- Zoning questions
- Utility availability
- Right-of-way and dedication requirements
- Drainage questions/requirements
- Building code and compliance
- Fire code and compliance
If you would like to schedule a Pre-Development Meeting, the following is highly recommended:
- A site plan/conceptual site plan and survey
- If available, please bring architectural plans, plat, and utility plan
- The property owner or owner’s representative
- Developers, engineers, surveyors, architects, and other representatives of the project are strongly encouraged to attend
Request a Pre-Development Meeting
You can request a Pre-Development Meeting by emailing the Community Development Coordinator or by calling 281-290-1405. Meetings are held at the Public Works Building, located at 501 James Street.