What is a Pre-Development Meeting?
Pre-Development Meetings are highly encouraged discussions between Staff and property owners, developers, engineers, surveyors, architects, and other interested parties. The purpose of a Pre-Development Meeting is to provide the necessary information regarding state laws, and city ordinances, ensuring that both the city, and applicant are able to communicate in the most effective manner.
Prior to undertaking a project, property owners and developers are encouraged to schedule a Pre-Development Meeting to obtain pertinent information relating to their proposal, as the processes will require further review before formal approval.
The Pre-Development Meeting could potentially consist of representatives from the following divisions:
- Fire Marshal
- City Manager’s Office
The City Staff will be ready to assist you with:
- Processing of subdivisions, residential and commercial projects
- Platting questions / requirements
- Zoning questions
- Utility availability
- Right-of-way and dedication requirements
- Drainage questions / requirements
- Building code and compliance
- Fire code and compliance
If you would like to schedule a Pre-Development Meeting, the following is highly recommended:
- A site plan / conceptual site plan and survey
- If available, please bring architectural plans, plat, and utility plan
- The property owner or owner’s representative
- Developers, engineers, surveyors, architects, and other representatives of the project are strongly encouraged to attend
Where are the Pre-Development Meetings held?
Meetings are held at the Public Works Building, located at 501 James Street.
How do I request a Pre-Development Meeting?
You are able to request a Pre-Development Meeting via email Elizabeth Jones or by calling 281-290-1405
If you have any questions or require additional information, please contact the Community Development Department at 281-290-1405.
While every effort is being made to ensure all documents and information on this webpage is continuously updated, please verify with city staff. Any use made thereof is the responsibility of the user.